Saturday, June 9, 2007

Online Arab TV channels, Movies and Aljazeera in English

I stopped by an internet cafe earlier today, to send a fax, and I couldn't help but notice that one of the computers was displaying a live feed of Aljazeera. So I asked the cafe owner if he was paying for the service and he replied "no its a free website". I wrote down the URL of the website, and upon checking the site when I got home, it turned out that not only did it provide a live feed of Aljazeera in Arabic, but also in English :) among a boutique of other Arabic channels which include MBC, Libya TV:P, Almajd, Tunis 7 and Future TV. It also hosts a number of Egyptian movies which can be viewed online without downloading ( direct streaming ), which I'm sure many of you will enjoy. So without further adieu here is the link to the main page of the website where you'll find a side menu on the left of the page with, among other choices, two link to the "films" and "TV live" pages respectively ......enjoy.

8 comments:

Happymoi said...

Kwel. I guess i'll check it out..Well not that i have alot of time right now...but i'll soon:)

ibeebarbie said...

Salam PH,
How exciting! Now, I can't wait to get to the office where I have high speed connection to check it out. :p

I love Adel Imam and Mohamed Heneidi! They are some of my favorite people to watch in films. I think what I like about them most, I don't have to completely understand Arabic to get what they are saying. :o)

PH said...

@happymoi :

Glad you liked it ..... but yes you shouldn't watch it till you finish your exams :p.

@ibeebarbie :

Actually I thought you would go for the Aljazeera in English :P, didn't know you were an Egyptian movies fan :-\ .... but good to know nonetheless :) if you want I'm sure I can get my hands on some websites that have more Egyptian movies, but you would have to download them; as you can't view them online.

a_akak said...

PH:

Thanks for this link :D as it will prove very helpful for me as I dont have arabic channels at the moment and i am getting sick of Sky

Fe Aman Allah

Anglo-Libyan said...

salam ph

I have used simillar websites before, the problem is that fte a while many of the channels stop playing.

trye these for the latest arab films:

http://www.aflam4me.com/

http://www.foraten.net/

btw the template is improvig :o)

Anglo-Libyan said...

and for ibeebarbie

these Egyptian filmsin the websites i mentioned stream play so no need to download them

ibeebarbie said...

Salam,
You guys are the best! Thanks.

PH I do appreciate the ability to watch Aljazeera in English, but the majority of time I don't even watch the U.S. news. :-)

Although, to be honest, is any of it really news or a form of media brain-washing? :D

PH said...

@a_akak:

I have the same problem thats why I made a big deal out of it :p. I only have Cable so no Arabic channels and I can't install a dish in a high rise building :(.

@Anglo-Libyan:

Yes, I had noticed that too; but thats the case with everything on the internet ........ nothing lasts we have to keep updating :p.

"btw the template is improvig :o)"

Glad you liked it. I don't think I'll add much to it though, maybe change the fonts, some colors, margins .....minor details :).

@ibeebarbie:

Your Welcome :)

"Although, to be honest, is any of it really news or a form of media brain-washing? :D"

Well I think you only get brain-washed if you stick to one news source :p. I find its better to mix as long as the news source isn't totally biased I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.