Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Engineers and Engineering redefined :))

It seems we were fooled during the days of undergrad at University into believing that Engineers are good, articulate, honorable people and a major part of that academic brainwashing program was the following definition of Engineering :

" The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience, and practice is applied with judgement to develop ways to utilize, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind [online source]".

Well I've recently discovered that we were being indoctrinated and fooled into believing we are the good guys :P. This definition of Engineers I found online ( to which I am grateful ) was my truth serum, so to speak, and I would like to share it with you so none of you are fooled by us :)))).

" Engineer (en je 'nir) n. An individual who is able to produce, with prolific abandon, streams of incomprehensible formulae based upon extremely vague assumptions and theories based on debatable figures acquired from inconclusive tests and incomplete experiments, carried out with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of doubtful reliability and rather dubious mentality with the particular anticipation of disconcerting and annoying everyone outside of their own profession. [source unknown]".

Disclaimer : It's a joke :):):):)

15 comments:

StarLit said...

good one ;), i'm one of those, lool

Brave Heart said...

i think the first one for male engineer, and the second one for female engineer, what u think maiuna

PH said...

@ maiuna :

Glad you liked it .. wanna tell us which one of them you are :)).

@ brave heart :

Now I know why you still haven't gotten married .... :))

salaam both

StarLit said...

lol@ Now I know why you still haven't gotten married...;)

in a funny way, i think most engineers are described in the second explanation. don't you think ?!

ibeebarbie said...

Salam PH,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pondering, pondering-----maybe combination of both? :-)

Goodness, goodness Brave Heart, tsk, tsk. :-)

PH said...

@ maiuna :

Yes there is truth in that .... I guess thats why it makes such a good joke ;).

@ ibeebarbie :

Well in your defense you are a good multitasker so I guess you could pull both off :)).

salaam

Anglo-Libyan said...

I can comment on engineering BUT I can comment on your new picture :o)

it looks familiar! is it from a computer game? maybe Prince of Persia or something :o)

Brave Heart said...

i know, i know , the fact always hurts.
Ph give ur advice then, i think i make it difficult 4 myself

PH said...

@ Anglo :

"I can comment on engineering"

Why not ? you afraid you'll lose your internet connection :P.

"it looks familiar! is it from a computer game? maybe Prince of Persia or something :o)"

Actually now that you mention it, it does remind me of the character in the prince of Persia game; but I didn't get it from there.

There is an animated series of Salaheldien that is in the works ( hasn't been finished and I don't know if it will be ) and they have avatars of the cartoon's characters that are downloadable from their website.

@ brave heart :

"Ph give ur advice then, i think i make it difficult 4 myself"

I can't help you in that department bro I'm barely getting along myself ... the best advice I can give you is to not criticize anything at all :)).

salaam

ibeebarbie said...

Ahhhhhhh what fun would that be if Brave Heart didn't put in his heartfelt opinions. Who else would remind us women to never completely put away our rocks....LOOOOOOOOOOL By the way Brave Heart keep up the good work, Hun!

a_akak said...

we live a world where money rules, but we aint all that bad?, we pretend to know that and that and that, then we lie about that and that and that and when the results/product comes out we pretend that we intended it to be that way ………………. So whats the difference ?

PH said...

@ a_akak :

Hahahahha ..... speak for your self thats not me :P.

salaam and thanks for passing by .

Highlander said...

LOL PH no comment :P anyway I'm not an engineer .

i love your new avatar :)

PH said...

"i love your new avatar :)"

Glad you liked it. I posted a link to the site I got it from in my reply to Anglo above, if you want to check it out :).

salaam

Anglo-Libyan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.